Zune starts with a 30GB digital media player and adds a twist. You can wirelessly share selected full-length sample tracks, playlists, pictures or your home-grown tracks directly from Zune to Zune
DetailsManufacturer : Microsoft
Release Date : November 14th 2006 (North America)
Price : $249.99
- Zune Package
ZuneDigital media player from Microsoft available in Brown, Black or White, plus in limited edition Pink or Red (each sold separately)Zune SoftwareAccess the Marketplace and synchronise your music, videos and pictures onto the Zune
Can I share music with other Zune owners?
It is possible to share selected full-length sample tracks of your favourite songs, own recordings, playlists or pictures with others, wirelessly from Zune to Zune!
What personalisation options are there?
Zune is available in three base colours: Brown, Black or White, plus limited edition Pink or Red and Halo 3 Special Edition. The interface can be customised with your own pictures.
What kind of display does the Zune have?
Zune has a 7.5cm of 3in bright LCD display than can be used in landscape or portrait modes. Watching video in landscape mode gets the most out of the vivid display.
What kind of storage does the Zune have?
The Zune comes with a 30GB hard drive built in this can store around 7,500 songs, 25,000 pictures or 100 hours of video, you can make play lists or watch slideshows while listing to music
Where can I get content for the Zune?
You an browse a huge selection of music for the Zune in the Zune Marketplace where it is simple to purchase music and put it on your Zune, the Zune Marketplace works with the Microsoft Points system as seen on Xbox Live to purchase music without needing a credit card! Zune software can automatically import your existing music, pictures and videos from iTunes and Windows Media Player in a variety of formats, including your existing playlists and song ratings, as permitted by the online service from which it was purchased
Wireless Zune-to-Zune sharing - Zune lets you spontaneously share selected full-length sample tracks of your favourite songs, homemade recordings, playlists or pictures with friends wirelessly, device to device. You can listen to any song you receive up to three times in three days. And if you like a song you hear and want to buy it, you can flag it right on your device to easily find it later.
Your own personalized Zune - Zune is easy to use and easy to love. You can choose one of three base colors, each combined with a distinctive double-shot finish created by the overlay of one colour on another. The player also can easily be customized with your favourite pictures.
Player - Zune comes with a bright 3-inch (7.5cm) LCD video screen that works in portrait or landscape mode. Your music, video and pictures never looked better. Zune stores up to 7,500 songs, 25,000 pictures or 100 hours of video with its 30GB built in drive. You can make playlists on the go and watch a slide show while you're listening. Watching video in landscape mode gets the most out of the vivid display.
Content - You can browse the huge selection of music designed to work seamlessly with your Zune in the Zune Marketplace. When you find new music that you love, it's simple to buy it and sync it on your player. Zune software can automatically import your existing music, pictures and videos from iTunes and Windows Media Player in a variety of formats, including your existing playlists and song ratings, as permitted by the online service from which it was purchased.
- Windows Media® Audio Standard (.wma): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate
- MP3 (.mp3): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate
- AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov): Up to 320 Kbps, Low Complexity (LC), up to 48-kHz sample rate
- Windows Media Video (.wmv): Main Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 1.5 Mbps peak video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio; Simple Profile, CBR, up to 736 Kbps video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio.
- JPEG (.jpg): All resolutions (desktop software will automatically convert to 640x480 at sync time)
- Size: 3.0 inches / 7cm
- Orientation: Vertical and Horizontal
- Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g
- Range: Up to 30 feet
- Music, up to 14 hours (wireless off), up to 13 hours (wireless on); pictures, up to 4 hours; video, up to 4 hours
- Charge Time: 3 hours; 2 hours to 90%
Size and Weight
- 4.4 in. x 2.4 in. x 0.6 in. (h x w x d) 12cm x 7cm x 1.5cm
- Weight: 5.6 ounces / 158g